Home > Tours > Guided Tour of Sorrento & Street Food Tasting
Guided Tour of Sorrento & Street Food Tasting
Discover the beautiful town of Sorrento in a small group on this 2,30 hours walking tour with a local guide.
Follow your guide around Tasso Square, admire the Sant'Antonino Church, San Francesco Cloisters and marvel at the ancient Valley of the Mills.
Get a sense of local life as you stroll around the old fishing village of Marina Grande and enjoy the stunning view of the Neapolitan Riviera from the breathtaking viewpoint.
Discover the fascinating history of this town with a local & taste the delicious local food... tips that only an insider could share !
Mobile & printed vouchers accepted
Fully refundable when canceled up to 24 hours prior to departure.
Explore the inner beauties of Sorrento and its history with a local guide.
Small group to ensure a personal and dedicated experience.
Local street food tastng
Multiple stops to take stunning pictures of the town.
Local and official guide.
Guided walking tour of the city
Street Food Tasting: Lemon slice with sugar salami and cheese and fried “cuoppo”
Stops to take photos at the best viewpoints in town
Please wear comfortable shoes
Please provide any info regarding intolerances or alergies at the time of booking
Meeting time may vary. You have to confirm meeting time and location 24 hours before departure.
The program is subject to changes due to weather or causes of force majeure (road closure, public events), in case it may not be possible to make some stops or visits mentioned in the program, the guide could slightly amend the itinerary.
Discover the beautiful town of Sorrento joining our small group tour of 3 hours with a local guide. Follow the guide through Tasso Square, admire the Sant'Antonino Church and the San Francesco Cloister, and marvel at the spectacularly ancient Valley of the Mills.
Taste the local, delicious street food away from the tourist places!
Get a sense of local life as you stroll around the old fishing village of Marina Grande and enjoy the stunning view of the Neapolitan Riviera from the breathtaking viewpoints.
Discover the beautiful town of Sorrento in a small group on this 2 hours walking tour with a local guide; the itinerary will be as follows:
- Piazza Tasso is a central place and square in Sorrento in the south of Italy. The square is named after the poet Torquato Tasso.
The main square hosts the Baroque Church del Carmine, within its interior painting by Onofrio Avellino. On the square stands a statue of S. Antonino Abbate, the saint patron of the city.
- Vallone dei Mulini (known in English as Valley of the Mills) is a historic valley in Sorrento, Italy.The flour mills, built from stone as far back as the 13th century. Its name derived from its beginning function: to grind grain. The valley originates from the release of waters into a tufa plain about 37,000 years ago, following the eruption of the Campi Flegrei. It was in operation until the beginning of the tenth century. In 1866, Piazza Tasso was established, and it caused the mill and the surrounding sea to be isolated. The building was closed and abandoned in the 1940s.
- Sorrento’s Cloister of San Francesco is an oasis of tranquility steps away from the historic town’s bustling central piazza of Sant’Antonino. The cloister unites a religious complex of the seventh-century monastery and a late-medieval church, both dedicated to St Francis of Assisi and is a showpiece of various architectural styles from pre-Roman through Arabic to medieval.
- Villa Comunale is a stunning property which stands on the gardens of the Franciscan friars. The Villa has a beautiful park of palm trees, holm, oaks, and century-old pines overlooking the sea. You could take breathtaking picture of the Gulf dominated by the Volcano Vesuvius.
- Marina Grande is Sorrento's fishing village, famous for its excellent seafood restaurants. It also has some small volcanic beaches with their typical black sand. In the past it was the only point of access into the town for the visitors coming from the sea.
Bobbing fishing boats and pastel-coloured houses add character to a quarter that has been choosen as a set for several movies with Sophia Loren.